Yes. Boys. I like to talk about them ;) When I'm reading a book it's really important for me to like the heroine. I'm a girl, after all. I need to be able to relate to her in some way. Even if I haven't been through what she has, there has to be some part of me who gets her...who feels something for her. It's a bonus if she's the kind of girl I'd like to hang-out with.
But when it comes to the hero, I need to fall in love with him. I'm a total and complete romance addict. In fact, I think I should have a button made that says so. I'm happily married and completely in love with my husband, but I adore falling in love with characters in a book as well. There's nothing like a hero in a book who can make me swoon. Who makes my heart beat faster and a smile spread across my face.
I love reading that.
I love writing that.
I thought it might be fun to play a little top three game today. I know what I like in heroes, but I'm curious about you guys too! I'll post my top three traits in a few categories and would love it if you'd play along as well. You don't have to do all the categories listed below.
You know...for research ;)
1. Hands/forearms (LOVE hands. I don't know what it is about them)
2. Smile (cocky smiles, half-smiles, mischievous smiles. I love them all)
3. Backs (don't know why, but I like backs. Scroll down for a picture of Kade's)
2. Sense of humor
Favorite book heroes:
1. Jamie from Outlander (sigh...swoon...no one loves like Jamie does)
2. Jake from In Your Wildest Dreams by Toni Blake (this book is out of print now, but it's one of my favorites. I have a soft spot for tortured heroes)
3. Noah from Too Much Temptation by Lori Foster
1. Zsadist from Lover Awakened by JR Ward (again with the tortured hero)
2. Bones from Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost
3. Acheron from Dark Hunters by Sherrilyn Kenyon
What/who are some of your top three?